Sunday 2 February 2020

Others waldorfs

WALDORF DOLL
classic
by Taisiya Stepina

Just recently I purchased a master class pattern from Taisiya Stepina, a waldorf doll artist from the Ukraine.

Her dolls are so sweet.    The soft little face, the simple body and the wonderful layers of clothing that I know every child would love to take off and put on...

As I have said previously, I have learnt so much from being on line and exploring the methods and  techniques of dollmakers who want to share their knowledge.








I have followed Fig & Me  for a while now, and receive her newsletter. 
She is very poetic and her dolls are wistful.....

I also follow Little Doll House on facebook and I must say her You Tube videos are so helpful and an excellent learning platform.



The first pattern I purchased was from LaliDoll Nursery


As you can see, these dolls all have a distinctive look even though they are primarily made the same way.  Some have needle sculpting for the face to bring out the features.  But they are still a very simple face, embroidered eyes, a bump for the nose and threaded lips with beeswax crayon cheeks.
Pure Wool stuffing and good quality cotton jersey skin fabric.
The wool gives the doll a natural weight and warmth that is so huggable.
The hair is often a crocheted cap threaded with wool hair.  It can be mohair or synthetic, but the basic doll has wool hair.
I have  a few dolls in the works that I am going to put oup for adoption on Etsy.
So stay tuned, I am really keen to make these lovely dolls to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment